- Deep Bowl
- Two small bowls
- Baking tray (approx. 25 X 40 cm)
- Gaz cooker
- 1 pack Baklava phyllo sheets 500 gr. or 350 gr. min
- 4 Eggs
- 3 c Granulated Sugar
- 100 gr baked not salted peanuts I prefer mix peanuts and cashew
- 100 gr baked not salted pistachios without shells
- 1 c Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 c Water
- 200 gr Butter I prefer to use butter and also Butter flavored oil spray
- 1 Lemon
- Blend the nuts on small (but not too small) pieces and put in separate bowls (pistachios and peanuts/cashew)
- Prepare the dough mixture in a deep bowl: mix eggs, 1 c sugar, Plain Flour, Baking soda
- Add the peanuts/cashew and stir with a spoon.
- Spread baking tray with melted butter ( or spray with butter flavored oil).
- Unroll phyllo sheets and put 2 in a tray. Spread with butter or spray.
- Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Put 2-3 phyllo sheets on the first two, spread with butter or spray, and pour daugh mixture.
- Put another 2 phyllo sheets and spread with butter/spray. Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Put the rest of the phyllo sheets on top.
- Cut on 16 pieces.
- Pour with hot melted butter, especially cuttings. ( NO spray)
- Bake for 35-40 mins in preheated to 180 C Owen.
- Release and put to cool.
- Prepare the syrup: Boil 2 c water and add 2 c sugar. Add the juice of the lemon and a few pieces of grated lemon peel. Stir all time. Cook until thickened (around 20 mins.).
- Pour cooled baklava with the syrup. Put to rest min 1 night (or more) in a cool place.