Pickled cabbage sarmas
A realy nice Winter dish...but somethimes I cook it in the Summer too 😉
Servings 4 people
- Small plate
- Gas cooker
- Pick leaves from tha cabbage and remove hard end of leaves.
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Put oil in the pan and heat.
- Chop the leek on small pieces and put in the pan. Cook for 1-2 min.
- Put the rice in the pan and when the grains are like crystals add the herbs. Stir gently. Cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add the mince and cook for 2-3 min stiring continually.
- Release from cooker.
- Put 2-3 big cabbage leaves on the bottom of the pot.
- Roll the sarmas and order in the pot.
- When finish cover with cabbage leaves and put small plate (inverted) over them.
- Add hot water till cover the plate,
- Cook for 40-45 mins. with lid.
Serve hot. If you want you can put the sarmas in tray and bake for 10-15 min. (till dark spots appeared) in preheated to 180 C oven before serve them.