Elderflower fried dessert
Extremely delicious. Nice surprise for your guests.
Servings 6 people
- Deep pan
- Gas cooker
- Big serving plate
- 12 Elderflower heads rinsed in cold water and shaken dry
- 200 ml Sunflower oil
- 100 gr Sugar
- 6 tbsp Plain white flour
- 175 ml Sparkling mineral water or Limonade
- 1 Egg white
- Sift the flour into a bowl then add 2 tbsp of oil and the sparkling mineral water (Lemonade). Beat to get homogeneous mixture, and then add 1 tbsp sugar and stir. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Just before frying the elderflowers, beat an egg white and fold it into the batter.
- Preheat the oil in the pan.
- Dip the elderflowers one at a time into the batter and lower them into the oil. Hold them under the oil by pushing down on the stem.
- Fry until the batter is pale gold and crisp, then lift out and dip straight into a dish of sugar.
- Arrange in a serving plate.
Serve immediately. You can serve separately and garnish with a ball of Lemon ice cream on side.