- Tray ( Approx. 30 X 20 cm)
- 200 gr Fresh nettle, spinach, dock leaves Optional. If you would like a different taste.
- 200 gr Bulgarian or Greek-style white cheese
- 100 gr Grated cheese. Optional
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Bulgarian or Greek-style yogurt
- 300 ml Sparkling water
- 250 gr of fine phyllo dough Depends on your tray
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Olive oil (spray). I prefer to use spray. It's easier.
- Wash, blanch, drain and cut the nettle, spinach, dock leaves. (Optional)
- Crush the white cheese.
- Spread the phyllo dough on the desktop.
- Spray the oil on the top sheet, Sprinkle with crushed white cheese and veggies (optional).
- Spray oil into the baking tray and spread.
- Cover foil plate with two leaves of phyllo dough.
- Grab 2 leaves of phyllo dough, like a harmonica, and put in the tray. (Look at the video below).
- Repeat the steps.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese on the top (Optional)
- Mix the yogurt, eggs, and oil in a bowl and add sparkling water.
- Spread well on the top of the banitsa. Make some holes with a fork.
- Bake for 40-45 mins. in preheated to 180 C oven.