Boiled linden leaves sarmas
- Deep pan
- Gas cooker
- 55-60 Young linden leaves
- 2 Spring onions
- 400 gr Minced meat I prefer for this recipe 50/50 Pork and Beef.
- 3 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 c White long rice
- 4 Fresh mint leaves
- 2 pn Black pepper
- Blanch the linden leaves in hot water. leave them to dry for 5-10 mins.
- Chop the onion and mint.
- Wash the rice and drain.
- Put oil in the pan and heat.
- Put the onion and mint and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Put the rice and when the grains are like crystals add the mince. Stir gently. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add one ½cup hot water and stir. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Release from cooker.
- Cover the bottom of the Pot with linden leaves.
- Roll the sarmas and order in the pot.
- Cover the sarmas with linden leaves. Cover with small plate.
- Add the water till plate is covered by water.
- Boil for 40-45 mins.