Lovely, chrispy, fast easy to prepare bread
Servings 4 people
- Cast iron skillet/Tray
- 1 c Gram flour
- 1 c Water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 pn Herbs
- Whisk gram flour and water until smooth.
- Add one tbsp Olive oil and stir gently. Leave to rest for 30 mins. (Very important because gram flour needs more time to absorb the water than plain flour.)
- Preheat the oven with pan/tray inside (on top position) to 230 C.
- Release the pan and add a tbsp olive oil. Swirl to spread evenly across the pan.
- Pour the batter into the hot, oiled pan and swirl to spread evenly across the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden and crispy around the edges.
- Release from oven and add your preferred herbs on the top.
The size of your Cast iron skillet/Tray greatly impacts the end product and how thick / thin / crispy it will be. Can serve as breakfast with cheese, sausages, etc. or as appetizer.