Peppers Burek (Chushka Burek)
One of my favourite appetizers. Hope you will like too.
Servings 4 people
- Two deep plates
- Gas cooker
- 4 Red peppers ( mid to big size) I use baked red peppers in vinegar but if you prefer you can barbecue the peppers until their skin becomes dark brown (be careful not to burn them). Then peel off the skin, clean the handle and the seeds from inside.
- 80 gr Bulgarian or Greek style white cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 10 gr White bread crumbs
- 150 gr Sunflower oil
- Soak the peppers in water for 5 minutes to remove the taste of vinegar.
- Grind the white cheese and fill the peppers. Make them thinner pressing with hands.
- Crash and mix eggs in deep plate.
- Put the bread crumbs in other deep plate.
- Preheat the oil in the pan.
- Dip the already filled peppers in the plate with the eggs, then in the plate with the bread crumbs, and then again in the eggs and fry them in the oil till gold colour appear.
- Remove from the oil and put in plate covered with kitchen paper.
Serve hot or cold. Can garnish with yogurt and smashed garlic mixture or garlic sauce.