Very suitable for summer season drink - crisp, a little woodsy, and gently sweet with notes of tartness
Servings 1 people
- 10-15 Elderflower heads For syrup preparation
- 500 gr Sugar For syrup preparation
- 1 l Cold Water For syrup preparation. You can use mineral water or tap water.
- ⅓ glass Elderflower syrup For Drink
- ⅔ glass Sparkling mineral water For Drink
- 1 tsp Lemon juice For Drink. Freshly squeezed is better.
- 1 Citronella plant (Pelargonium citrosum) leaf
- 1 tsp Honey For Drink. Optional (if you prefer sweeter drink).
- Wash gently and drain shaking elderflower heads. Put in a pot.
- Cover with sugar and add water. Stir several times during 24 h preparation period of syrup.
- Cover the pot and out in a fridge for 24 hours. ( no more!)
- After 24 h release the pot from the fridge and filter the syrup through a strainer.
- Pour the syrup in glass bottles and keep in the fridge for long time use. You will have approx. 2 l syrup from these doses.
- For a glass of drink: Pour syrup in a glass, add water and lemon juice and stir. Add a leaf of the Citronella Plant.