Baked Linden leaves sarmas
Instead of grape leaves my mother use young linden leaves to preparing sarmas. Amazing recipe.
Servings 4 people
- Ceramic or Termoglass deep tray
- Gas cooker
- Blanch the linden leaves in hot water. leave them to dry for 5-10 mins.
- Put oil in the pan and heat.
- Chop the onion and carrot on small cubes and stew it with the other spices.
- Put the rice and when the grains are like crystals add the mince. Stir gently. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add one cup hot water and stir. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Release from cooker.
- Roll the sarmas and put in the deep tray.
- Add chopped tomatoes on the top. Cover with lid or folio.
- Bake in preheated to 180 C oven for 40-45 mins.
Serve hot or cold. You can garnish with yogurt.